Sunday, May 29, 2016

Spaghetti with Clam


I like spaghetti with olive oil and sea food.
When I went to the grocery store fresh clams were available for a good price.  I bought some for dinner. I had white wine, garlic and peperoncini in my fridge. It was perfect together! I was happy just thinking about making spaghetti with clams!
Actually, I like to make spaghetti with olive oil and clams, but I don't like cleaning the clams. Before cooking the clams soak them in salted water for a few hours. The clams process the salted water and any sand or grit is removed.

Ingredients 
2/3 pound     uncooked spagetti such as dececco
6-7 cloves    garlic, sliced
1/2 C            olive oil
2                   peperoncini
1 T                dried Italian parsley
1/2 C             finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
1/2 C             cleaned clam
1 C                white wine
Italian parsley to taste
salt, black pepper to taste


Directions
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. 

Cook spaghetti in the boiling water about 12-13 minutes.
Combine garlic, peperoncini and olive oil in a skillet. Cook and stir until garlic is golden brown, about another 5 minutes. 
Add cleaned clam with white wine until cook slightly.
Add cooked spaghetti and sprinkle Italian parsley and Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
Stir until combined.
Serve pasta topped with fresh Italian parsley.

***



No comments:

Post a Comment