Friday, August 26, 2016

Sesame Leaves Pesto Pasta - Perilla Pesto



Pesto; one of those sauces that is a must in summertime, anytime. It is one of the easiest ways to use up spare herbs, greens and to play around with different nuts.
Also, it's quick to throw together. A great way for using big bunches of herbs or greens languishing in the fridge, and practically impossible to screw up. So there is no excuse not to give homemade pesto a go.
This year I planted a few plants in pots to grow on my deck. Sesame leaf is one of them.
It is easy to grow and can become large quickly and out of control.
Actually, my garden has been growing like crazy - sesame leaves have grown a lot. So, I picked them and made pesto with the sesame leaves.
Have you ever made pesto with herbs other than basil?
Sesame leaf(perilla) is an herb in the mint family used in several Asian dishes. So I used it.
How to make it? It's very similar to basil pesto. I just used sesame leaves instead of basil and I added some more nuts and  Parmesan cheese to taste. That's it! 

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/basil-pesto-recipe2.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=960thehxn1Y (Learn more, view video; 키미kimi)


***



No comments:

Post a Comment