Friday, August 26, 2016

Rice Paper Dumplings



I made Korean dumplings a few days ago and I had extra filling, but I needed some more dumpling wraps. I thought I needed to go to the grocery store, but I didn't feel like going out. So I came up with a good idea - use rice paper! 
Rice paper was in my pantry for a long time, so I needed a good recipe for using them. 
I took it out of the pantry and dip the rice paper in warm water - rice paper is delicate and only needs a quick dip in warm water to soften. 
Do not soak. If your rice paper is too wet, it will be very difficult to roll. 
And rotated rice paper in the bowl of water or quickly immersed it in the bowl for about 4-5 seconds.
When the rice paper is soft, placed on a clean board and put dumpling filling mixture in the center of the rice paper round and then folded the ends in and roll up firmly to enclose the filling. 
Repeated with remaining rice paper rounds and filling.
Heat a pan with vegetable oil and fried them.
That's all!

***



No comments:

Post a Comment